Showing all 6 results
M6 Threaded Rod£0.35 – £0.85
M8 Threaded Rod£0.56 – £1.45
M10 Threaded Rod£0.84 – £2.00
M12 Threaded Rod£1.25 – £3.50
PLASTIC ROD END CAP£3.00
Rod/Studding Connector£0.10 – £0.32
Threaded rods play a very important role in various industries and commercial sectors, serving as versatile fastening solutions. From construction to manufacturing, threaded rod come in various sizes and materials to meet specific requirements.
Know more about Threaded Rod, Sizes, Common materials, and the importance of connectors like plastic rod end caps and studding connectors.
Use of Threaded Rod
The other name of threaded rod is Stud Rod. These threads enable the rod to be fastened securely into surfaces or objects, making it a reliable option for both temporary and permanent installations. Threaded rods are available in many sizes, each catering to different load-bearing capacities and applications.
Common Sizes of Threaded Rods
Threaded rod come in various sizes to accommodate different projects. Common sizes include M6, M8, M10, and M12 threaded rods. These sizes correspond to the diameter of the rod and the thread pitch.
M6 Threaded Rod:
- M6 threaded rod refers to a rod with a 6mm diameter and a specific thread pitch. It’s commonly used in light-duty applications.
M8 Threaded Rod:
- M8 threaded rod refers to a rod with a 8mm diameter and offers increased load-bearing capacity compared to M6. It’s suitable for medium-duty tasks.
M10 Threaded Rod:
- Stepping up in diameter, the M10 threaded rod (10mm) is employed in heavier-duty applications that require enhanced strength.
M12 Threaded Rod:
- Among the larger sizes, the M12 threaded rod (12mm) is favored for its robustness, often used in demanding projects.
These rods are crafted from various materials to suit different environmental conditions and applications. Common materials include stainless steel, carbon steel, and zinc-plated steel. Stainless steel threaded rods are corrosion-resistant and ideal for outdoor or high-moisture environments. Carbon steel rods offer durability and strength, while zinc-plated rods provide protection against corrosion.
Importance of Connectors:
Connectors are vital components when it comes to threaded rod. Plastic rod end caps, studding connectors, and rod connectors all contribute to the overall functionality and stability of threaded rod installations.
- Plastic Rod End Caps: These caps are placed on the exposed ends of threaded rods to provide protection against moisture, dust, and damage. They also offer a finished appearance to the installation.
- Studding Connectors / Rod Connectors: These connectors allow threaded rods to be joined together, extending their length as needed. They play a pivotal role in constructing frameworks and structures.
Threaded rod are versatile fastening solutions with a wide range of applications across industries. By understanding the various sizes, materials, and the importance of connectors, you can make informed choices when incorporating threaded rods into your projects. Whether you’re working on a light-duty task or a heavy-duty construction project, the right threaded rod and connectors can ensure the durability and reliability of your installations.